October 22, 2018
Artificial Intelligence and Marketing Automation
It's not easy navigating an ocean of data that gets bigger every day. Marketing automation and artificial intelligence (AI) allow you to find the right data, expand your audience and create personalized, efficient customer journeys.
So how can artificial intelligence become a part of your marketing strategy?
Find audiences that 'look' like your customers
Lookalike modeling uses your existing customer data to find people that have similar traits to your customers. Companies such as Google and Facebook use AI algorithms to identify lookalike audiences that share behaviors, interests or demographics with your customers. For this reason, lookalike audiences are very likely to be interested in your brand.
Create a lookalike audience with marketing automation
Capturing your customer data is the first step to creating a lookalike audience. To capture data, marketers integrate web forms on their website, landing pages and social channels. There are many dos and don’t of designing web forms, but it’s important to get it right to ensure you capture the right data.
Once you are capturing your customer data, you can create a customer journey that automatically uploads your data to Facebook. They can then match your customers with active users to create a 'custom' audience, which is then used to create and target lookalikes. If you're interested automatically exporting your customers from a form, you can use this Autopilot journey.
Once your customer data is securely uploaded, you can also:
- Identify your customer’s behaviors and characteristics;
- Explore your customer’s demographics; and
- Use lookalike modeling to find brand-new audiences that are similar to people who have already visited your website
Real-time behavioral modeling
AI that predicts behaviors in real-time
Real-time behavioral modeling uses current data to estimate user behaviors online. Thanks to advancements in artificial intelligence, you can track behaviors like spending habits, website visits and content interactions.
Behavioural AI algorithms analyze real-time data to determine what people are interested in, what they’re buying, and when they’re making a purchase.This is particularly powerful in online shopping experiences where you can show customers context-sensitive offers, messaging and deals that nudge them towards making a decision.
What behavioral modeling AI can do:
- Anticipate what your customers are interested in;
- Predict future behaviors to help creates a more efficient customer journey;
- Cross-reference with additional data sources like lookalike audiences
AI marketing tools that take advantage of behavioral modeling
Most top-performing companies use behavioral modeling to create more personalized experiences for their customers. At Autopilot, you can use a number of integrations in your customer journey, and start taking advantage of behavioral modeling.
Some Autopilot integrations that use AI include:
- Instapage: they use AI to help advertisers increase conversions. With behavioral modeling, Instapage personalizes landing pages at scale – with each page customized based on user behavior.
- Recurly: a platform that optimizes subscription-based business models. It uses behavioral modelling to discover when customers are most likely make an invoice payment. When a customer payment fails, Recurly retries the invoice payment at a time that it is most likely to be successful.
Take advantage of Autopilot’s integrations who use AI behind-the-scenes to help you understand your customer. Learn more about how Autopilot helps you to segment your customers and create lookalike audiences.