May 10, 2019
Autopilot + HubSpot CRM integration
The wait is over! Today we’re launching the highly requested Autopilot-HubSpot CRM integration.
As of today, you’ll be able to:
- Add your new HubSpot CRM contacts to Autopilot
- Use Autopilot’s automated customer journeys to nurture your leads
- Trigger a lead into a journey in Autopilot when their deal stage changes in HubSpot CRM
- Engage with your leads through email, SMS and Headsup messaging
- Automate repetitive tasks such as assigning hot leads to your sales team to follow up faster and close more deals
- Dramatically reduce your marketing costs by creating customer journeys on Autopilot while keeping all your contacts with HubSpot CRM (yes, you really do get the best of both worlds)
Do more with HubSpot CRM
If you currently use HubSpot’s free CRM, you may find yourself wanting to do more than just manage your contacts. With this integration, you’ll be able to keep your customer data on HubSpot CRM while moving beyond its limitations. From today, you can create customer journeys designed to acquire, nurture, and close leads from HubSpot CRM. And because Autopilot is a best-of-breed marketing automation solution, you only pay for what you use and the apps you choose such as Twilio, Typeform, Intercom, plus hundreds of other popular apps available for you to use right now.
For this integration, we’ve introduced three triggers, two actions, and one condition. To use these shapes, you’ll need to connect to HubSpot CRM in your Autopilot settings.
Trigger: New Contact
When a new contact is created in HubSpot CRM, this trigger automatically adds them to an Autopilot journey. Great use cases include:
- Sending a personalized birthday card to a HubSpot CRM contact using Autopilot’s Lob integration
- Creating personalized lead nurturing journeys for MQLs that have downloaded a specific resource (such as an e-book) or signed up for a webinar to understand more about your product
- Adding or removing users from different Google Ads or Facebook audiences based on whether they are fresh leads or existing customers
Trigger: Deal Stage Match
By default, HubSpot CRM has seven different deal stages. Deal stages are the steps in your pipeline that signify to your sales team that an opportunity is moving toward the point of closing. This trigger adds a HubSpot CRM contact to an Autopilot journey if the deal stage matches a specific criteria.
For example, if you configured this trigger to match the “Qualified to Buy” deal stage, then any HubSpot CRM contact at this particular deal stage will automatically enter the Autopilot journey. In this case, you can use this trigger to launch a follow-up journey offering a product demo to those leads. You can also use this trigger to send reminders to leads in the “Appointment Scheduled” stage a few days or hours before the appointment to ensure they show up.
Trigger: Contact Field Match
The Contact Field Match triggers when a contact field on HubSpot CRM is updated, such as their account status or address. This trigger operates similarly to the Deal Stage Match trigger but matches criteria based on your contact’s profile or behavior instead of the deal stage they’re at — perfect for data-driven segmentation. You can use this trigger:
- If your contact has enrolled in a specific training course or made a hotel reservation in a particular location, to send them personalized location-dependant content
- If your contact has an overdue payment status on their account, to automatically launch a collection journey with SMS reminders using our Twilio integration
- If your contact’s lead status updates to an open deal, to add them to your leads audience in Google Ads
- If your contact moves to a different city or country, to move the contact out of a particular email journey and into another one that is customized for their new location
Action: Add Deal
This action allows you to add a contact to a HubSpot CRM deal in your pipeline based on how they behave or the specific information they provide. Let’s say your website offers gated content such as ebooks. A HubSpot CRM contact can download an ebook in exchange for their email address and perhaps a few bits of information such as company size. As part of your lead grading process, you may automatically qualify leads that work for a company with over 500 employees. If you have a lead who downloads your ebook and matches that particular custom contact field, they can be automatically accelerated through the sales funnel, to be contacted directly by the sales team.
Action: Update Deal Stage
A deal stage change event occurs when a user moves from one stage to another based on how they interact with your communications or their dealings with your sales team (for example, from lead to qualified lead). When a deal stage is updated, you can:
- Add or remove contacts from a Facebook or Google Ads audience
- Notify your internal teams of deal stage changes. For example, every time a lead becomes a qualified lead, the sales team may be asked to follow up with a demo
- Automatically route specific leads to implementation teams or success teams (including through round robin assignment, or location specific assignment)
Condition: Check Deal Stage
This condition allows you to check the deal stage of a HubSpot CRM lead or contact. You can use this condition check to target your communications, ensuring your leads receive the right message at the right time during the customer journey. Some specific examples include:
- Adding users to the right Google Ads or Facebook audience based on whether they’re an existing customer (deal stage: closed won) or a lead audience (deal stage: qualified to buy)
- Sending an automated welcome email to a user that has just purchased your product or signed up for a plan, thus reaching the “closed won” deal stage
- Notifying the sales team via Autopilot’s Slack integration, preparing them to get ready for the sale when a lead is at the “prospecting” stage
- Targeting existing customers in the “closed won” segment with an upsell campaign, encouraging them to sign up for an upgraded plan
How can I use this integration?
We’ve created some templates to get you started; they’re free and ready for you to use today. Feel free to edit the templates and create your own multi-channel customer journeys with your HubSpot CRM contacts using the apps you already use and love. With this best of breed marketing approach, you can do more with your contacts and will be well on your way to driving record-breaking growth.
Handling Incoming Leads:
Event Workshop Offer & Follow Up:
Overdue Payment Alerts:
Adding a New Contact:
QL Follow Up: